Osho is one of many spiritual figures that inspire others to free themselves from the bondage they themselves have created. These mindsets are easier to escape than you might think.
He reminds us that the greatest joys come with simply being, and to become still and silent, and observe all that is around us. We will grow closer with true peace if we do this often.
Our existence is enough, and we don’t have to prove our worthiness with impressive achievements. We only need to relax into the stillness of our inner self to understand our true worth. We can use this understanding to understand our life purpose, and assist others to awaken to their higher consciousness.
While the greatest teacher lives within our hearts, it is always beneficial to be open to the guidance of other wise teachers who can help us align with a more present and enlightened state of being.
I hope you enjoy these Timeless Quotes. Blessings, Berena
- “Experience life in all possible ways — good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light, summer-winter. Experience all the dualities. Don’t be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become.”
- “Be — don’t try to become”
- “To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.”
- “Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches. Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like the roots going down into the womb of the earth. Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes, simultaneously. The bigger the tree, the bigger will be its roots. In fact, it is always in proportion. That’s its balance.”
- “If you love a flower, don’t pick it up. Because if you pick it up it dies, and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation.”
- “Listen to your being. It is continuously giving you hints; it is a still, small voice. It does not shout at you, that is true. And if you are a little silent you will start feeling your way. Be the person you are. Never try to be another, and you will become mature. Maturity is accepting the responsibility of being one’s self, what-so-ever the cost. Risking all to be one’s self, that’s what maturity is all about.”
- “Be realistic: Plan for a miracle”
- “Life begins where fear ends.”
- “Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it.”
- “One thing: you have to walk, and create the way by your walking; you will not find a ready-made path. It is not so cheap, to reach to the ultimate realization of truth. You will have to create the path by walking yourself; the path is not ready-made, lying there and waiting for you. It is just like the sky: the birds fly, but they don’t leave any footprints. You cannot follow them; there are no footprints left behind.”
- “Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny–he has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally–you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you.”
- “I love this world because it is imperfect. It is imperfect, and that’s why it is growing; if it was perfect it would have been dead. Growth is possible only if there is imperfection. I would like you to remember again and again, I am imperfect, the whole universe is imperfect, and to love this imperfection, to rejoice in this imperfection is my whole message.”