Date(s) - 01/13/2018 - 01/14/2018
10:00 am - 06:00 pm
Basic Shamanic Techniques
Facilitated by Jimmie Terry
Saturday, January 13th 10 am – 6 pm and Sunday, January 14th 10 am – 6 pm
The word “shaman” comes from eastern Siberia and means “to heat up, to burn, a transformer of energy”. The world of the shaman is one of connection to all things–to Spirit, to Nature and to each other as human beings. In this class, we explore these connections through community, ceremony and shamanic journey. We learn basic shamanic techniques for accessing power and receiving information and Spirit guidance for life experiences and transitions.
Things we will do in this class are:
- Explore the three worlds of the shaman — Lower, Middle and Upper Worlds
- Journey using the beat of a drum to connect to our highest self and to Spirit and animal guides
- Learn to build our own energy shields to better manage our energy
- Retrieve Power Animals for each other
- Explore healing, divination and historical aspects of the shaman
- Work with the elements, the directions of the medicine wheel, and the shamanic breath
- Drum, rattle, whistle, hoot and celebrate life
The cost for the class is $190. A deposit of $50 (non-refundable) will hold your spot.
If you have questions, you can reach Jimmie at 214-215-6164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (This is a Spirit Moon Shamanic Community offering.)